Snacking started as a consumer craze, but it’s recently become a foodservice phenomenon, too. Snacking away from home shows robust growth and room for more. According to Datassential, the number of snacks on menus has grown 12.7% since 2013, with 96% of operators offering “snackable” menus.1
Coffee mate® can help you cash in on this major new menu part. And not only because coffee creamed with Coffee mate flavored creamer is the perfect snack in its own right. When you combine that coffee with a food item, you have two profit-driving ways to fuel snacking sales.
64% of all snack purchases include a beverage, according to Technomic Snacking Occasions Consumer Trend Report, 2016, and 35% of consumers say they’d be interested in a themed food and beverage pairing, making the snacking occasion the perfect way to invite more coffee sales.
- Bundle Coffee mate Hazelnut creamer-flavored iced coffee with chocolate-coated biscotti that are wrapped and ready to go by the coffee station.
- Offer warm churros with Mexican Mocha coffee made with Coffee mate Cinnamon Vanilla Crème.
- Add a mini-donut-stick to the top or side of flavored coffee for a dunk-ready treat.
35% of consumers would be interested in a themed food and beverage pairing, such as “holiday classics,”3 and 65% of consumers say that they enjoy trying seasonal creamer flavors.4
- On Cinco de Mayo offer a Dulce de Leche-inspired coffee made with rich Coffee mate Vanilla Caramel flavored creamer.
- For Saint Patrick’s day, try sweet specials like mint brownies and hot cocoa flavored with Coffee mate Irish Crème Liquid Creamer.
- Celebrate the minor food holidays, like National Cookie Day with cookie and coffee specials. Think Chocolate Chunk cookies with your house coffee offered with Salted Caramel Chocolate creamer.
- Major holidays get a delicious flavor boost with Coffee mate seasonal flavors like Peppermint Mocha and Pumpkin Spice.
The Original Snack
74% of consumers agree that coffee creamed with Coffee mate flavored creamer is a good snack2. Here’s how to “snackify” any cup.
- Make coffee extra-indulgent by flavoring it with Coffee mate Butterscotch Liquid Creamer and topping it with whipped cream and candy crumbles.
- Offer a Sugar-Free Caramel Vanilla Frappe garnished with whipped cream and chocolate-dipped pretzel pieces.
- Create an irresistible afternoon coffee-bar menu with easy-to-make, easy-to-love speciality drinks like a Vanilla Blackberry Frappe or a Frozen-Blended Chocolate Covered Banana.
- And the simplest snacking solution of all? Offer a selection of Coffee mate flavors! 73% of people who regularly have coffee as an afternoon snack say they would be more likely to purchase coffee from a location that offered a selection of Coffee mate flavored creamer instead of only milk or cream.5
- Datassential Keynote Report: Snacking, March 2017
- Datassential, Next Generation Coffee Rituals, August 2016
- IFMA/Datassential 2014/2015 Consumer Planning Program, Pairings
- Datassential Grab-and-Go Snapshots, 2017
- Datassential, 2018